Desire

The time has come for the choice to be made,
Let emotions win or allow them to fade...
To shrink the heart and to harden myself,
And just await pleasure, which is pleasure itself...

Darkness creeps before my open eyes,
My ears know nothing but my own pain cries,
Can’t touch, can’t smell the truth that I seek,
No sounds to be made, no words to speak...

Can I really go back, with all I have burned?
Do I want to forget the much I have learned?
Can I purely believe I am not on my track,
When my whole self fights and doesn’t want to go back?

The time has come to decide where to go,
To shun away feelings or allow them to flow...
Let flesh be my food and feed upon lust,
The question’s so strong, no answer to trust...

I want to see way beyond the time that I live
To seek out the answers to the doubts that I breed
Where is truth, must I ask?... I can see no way in,
Keep on searching the way for the game to begin...

But in times like these, pain is easy to unfold
There are gaps cutting open, wounds growing old...
Blood bursting forth and tears a-flowing,
It is darkness... and growing...

2000

Comentários