Full Moon

Anxious eyes cling to the moon
While she draws her monthly tracks...
Night by night, shade looses gloom
When moonlight grows while darkness lacks...

Mine, the eyes that watch this motion
And guard the white fae as she swells
Towards that state of broad emotion
When moonlight grows where darkness dwells...

And when that moment slowly draws near
When night strong gleams wrap up the trees,
The modest stars politely disappear
When moonlight grows while darkness flees...

My soul expands before these glows,
Of those I stand, the brightest ones...
My eyes then close and my smile shows
When moonlight grows as darkness runs...

Then after, slowly, moon drops her might
And I look down in rash pain creeps...
But soon I rise to wait next night,
To see my wrongs instantly be rights,
To fill my shadows with strong lights
When moonlight grows while darkness sleeps...

1996

Comentários