This Thing

What is this thing that is killing me this way,
While sets me free from fears my eyes only could betray?
What is this rage that consumes me from my blood,
While my mind is cold in this death's fearest flood?

What is this thing that destroys now all my dreams,
While promising bliss with its sweet sound beams?
What is this pain that is creeping through my head,
While leaving it clean of the thoughts that once bread?

What is this thing that now sends my heart to rust,
While teaching me the meaning of desire and pure lust?
What is this noise that is blowing up my ears,
While playing gentle music, throwing away tears?

What is this thing that is breaking all my will,
While giving me the powers of beyond the strongest thrill?
What is this curse that is holding me in chains,
While helping me to fly above the clouds, the winds and rains?

What is death, may I ask, if it matters anyhow?
Forever is mine now...
1996

Comentários