Your eyes

I love the scent of roses just before a heavy storm;

I love to hear the rain while locked up inside and warm;

I love to watch the sun setting over the ocean calm;

And I love the enthralling glow of your eyes when they meet mine...

I love to run across extensive fields of lush pure wheat;

I love to lay on grass and feel the Earth all mighty heat;

I love to hear birds singing and enjoy the nature's beat;

And I love the inspiring tone of your eyes when they meet mine...

I love to watch a star and know it always will be there;

I love to dance alone while disguised by moonlight fair;

I love to feel the wind while it waves all through my hair;

And I love the promised kiss that's in your eyes when they meet mine...

I know that love awaits just around a corner turn;

I know that just true love can make us feel that pleasing burn;

I know that only his is the command to teach and learn;

And I know I've lived so far to see your eyes when they meet mine...

I hate to think that somewhere there's a forlorn child that cries;

I hate to know that still sometimes a strong devotion dies;

I hate to go on seeing humans tasting their own lies;

And I hate to think of living if your eyes won't more meet mine...

1996

Comentários